Friday, April 30, 2010

Day Four and Five - I'm Still Alive!


So my time on this raw diet is drawing to a close, sob sob!! I can't say I'll miss Mr Tomato, Mr Cucumber or Miss Lettuce. There is such a thing as overkill on a diet. I don't know how anyone lasts on salads day in...day out!

I am actually quite proud of myself.. I was never one to give up chocolate for lent, or make new years resolutions. It was setting myself up for failure. Quite honestly, I still don't know how / why I stuck to this diet. I think because it was part of an assignment - sort of - or perhaps because I had to document it.

I did "cheat" by eating some yogurt and that tuna. But, I challenge all of you commentators to do this diet, and then we can talk.

I am finishing up after 5 days due to the fact that it's been painful, and I want to go out for the long weekend. It's better to finish on a high note than to sneak off and have some drinkies, pretending I didn't.

I lost a grand total of 1.5 kilos - which is about 3 pounds I think. It's not a whole lot, but it's better than nothing. I am defiantly going to keep up some aspects of this diet, like the yummy smoothies, more fruit in my diet and maybe even some salad (just not for a few days).

I don't reccomend this diet as long term, even though some people do it. The main reason being the lack of energy. I was sleeping late, going to bed early and still had no energy. I couldn't concentrate on my college work because my focus just wasn't there.

I wasn't always starving, but I wasn't getting the nutrients I needed. I wasn't getting the energy from carbs, the protein from meat, or the sugar (which I admit,isn't really a nutrient, but we still need a portion of it!)

One of my finds from this experience was this yogurt, Rachel's which is organic, bio live... and yummy!! I tried the strawberry, the raspberry and the mango, pineapple and passionfruit flavours. They are only €1.29 for a large tub in Dunnes Stores too... absolute gem of a find!

I also learned that eating healthy really helps your sleep patterns. You don't wake up as much or at all because you have no toxins in your body to keep you awake. All the tea, coffee and e numbers can really effect your sleep so I slept like a log for the whole week!

It was an interesting and fun experience at times, but I'm off to the comfort of my chocolate house!

No comments:

Post a Comment