Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Two & Three.... I Gotta Pee

I must apologise to my avid readership as I did not blog yesterday. Fear not, I recorded ALL my food intake and took some pictures too. I do not however, wish to tell you every single thing I ate, because that would be boring. It would almost be as tiresome as having to eat the same things day in... day out.

There isn't much variety to this raw food only thing. I should have realised this when watching the super smiley woman on rawradianthealth.com. She did a full ten minute v-blog on the different options one 'raw' eater has when going to restaurants... "for example, spinach salad...green salad.... you know, there are lots of salad options"

After my supermarket sweep I have a few more options, such as the nut mix that I've been snacking on or the juicey strawberries that make my smoothies that bit more exotic!But there is only so much fruit and veg I can eat. The recommended daily amount is five pieces... well I think I've had an average of 7 pieces a day, between the various smoothies, the salad for lunch, the salad for dinner... I'll turn into salad fingers (I dare you to look that up on Youtube)

I must take a mo mo to talk about the side effects. I'm sure you're all wondering, since your deeply engrossed in my blog - if I have lost weight. Well according to mister weighing scales I lost a kilo in two days. I think that works out as just over 2 pounds. I'm not too sure if that's good or bad.... in case you haven't noticed, I'm not a diet tourist. I'm only here for a short stay and then I'm off home to the comfort of my chocolate home.

Apart from weight loss there have been two other significant effects. Firstly, I have been weeing non stop since I have started. Not that we want to talk about toilet time, but it is a significant part to every diet. I wee all day, all night... I can't even go out without thinking, will I make it before I need to pee!?! Last night for example, I went to the pee pot before I went asleep around 12/12:30 am... I woke to go again at 2am and once more at 7am. When I got up at 9:30 am I went again too. I suppose it's a good thing!

The other effect is fatigue and I especially noticed it today. I went to college after having some strawberries and melon and didn't think I'd need lunch. I brought an apple, banana and some nuts. I thought this would keep me going. Alas it did not and I was like a zombie walking to the bus stop, I couldn't wait for my bed. After having a prawn salad for dinner I feel slightly better but I think the lack of carbs and sugar is bringing me down.

Today my classmates gave me some guff about not eating completely raw. Apparently I cheated with the yogurt, and there was some debate about the tuna. I would just like to say - yes I had yogurt and tuna (once) but this shows that it isn't easy, but it's feasible. I mean, if someone really wanted to go raw raw.. they could! This diet isn't that whacky or weird... it's doable!! and I think if my worst vice of the week was tuna, I'm doing good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment