Sunday, April 25, 2010

Raw Adventure

Welcome to RAW AND READY - my new blog that will document my experience of the raw food only! diet. This diet is part of an experiment of sorts by my 4th year journalism class. A few of us have committed to some pretty weird and wacky diets over the course of the next few weeks and will blog and vlog about it.

Some people have already started (and finished!) like Diana - who did Beyonce's maple syrup and lemon juice diet for a week. I have no idea how she lasted. I felt so so bad for her when we were scoffing yummy sandwiches last week at the launch of our French magazine and she - as dedicated as she was - sipped on her water.

Or Joey, who took on the apple only diet. I am sure she is sick of the sight (and taste) of apples by now.

I, however chose a less adventurous one and perhaps less extreme. The reason being, I know myself and I would NOT be able to last a full week on one food item. I would be setting myself up for failure - and that's not fun. So I am doing the raw food only diet. This will consist of fruit, vegetables, nuts, prawns (raw of course) and I might even try sushi etc etc...

I officially start tomorrow but since I didn't know how to use the juicer I did an experiment today - which my mam kindly helped me with. I made a smoothie, consisting of 3 kiwis, 1 banana, natural yogurt and crushed ice.



It only took 5 minutes to make. Firstly I peeled the three kiwis and cut them into small pieces. I then did the same for the banana. I threw them into a big bowl where I had emptied the small tub of natural yogurt. I then unleashed the hand held blender on it - which was lots of fun. Afterwards I crushed the ice and popped it in. And there you go! EASY!

It didn't taste amazing. It didn't taste rank. It was ok, quite bitter but I suppose that is the mixture of kiwi and natural yogurt.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the local Get Fresh where my friend conveniently works to stock up on some fresh produce. I may also call on my good friend Frankie to use her 20% discount in M&S for some nice prawn salad treats ;)

For now, I will eat my Sunday roast and devour some of the choco-delights my parents bought in the weekly shopping - forgetting that I was embarking on this adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment